We're looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to help build the foundation of our operations management system and early software team.
Service center management is a human-intensive operation. If we want to revolutionize how these organizations operate, it is equally a software problem as it is a human understanding problem.
The tools service centers have at their disposal today are not optimized for the world we live in. While we plan on building the future of service center tools, we will need to play with legacy systems to create dramatic improvements to how auto service data is stored, processed, viewed, and ultimately leveraged.
Are you ready to redefine how a whole industry should manage their people and operations through software? We need a talented engineer to help build and architect how this gets done.
We are looking for more than a frontend software engineer. This person will be a critical and influential team member, working directly with the founders to build an industry-molding operations management software system. On top of strong technical skills, we'll be looking for a great partner to us both. You'll be responsible for everything operations management - the main product of RevvUp's operation.
What makes the ideal candidate tick?
- Passionate - Cares deeply about their work and its impact. Passion is energizing and infectious... when we want to motivate each other to do our best work, it starts with passion.
- Fearlessly Curious - Asking "what if" instead of "what exists" yields much more interesting products: Pinterest, Tumbler, Velcro.
- Growth mindset - Being okay with not knowing something — we can learn, change, and adapt to new information. No one is perfect and as we build this company we all need to learn and grow together.
- Humbly talented - We're not just looking for smart people. You bring everyone else up with you — you quickly realize when you’re wrong, and you do it without an ego.
- Embrace failure - Knowing what doesn't work is just as important as what does. The quicker we learn what does and doesn't work, the quicker we build amazing products.
You will spearhead RevvUp's operations management software with the CTO and steer the product direction with the founding team. This means that you will need:
- 4+ years of Full-Stack software development experience - we judge by work not time (e.g. ReactJS, Node, Python, Java).
- Experience with:
- Web modern frameworks (React, Vue, Angular, etc).
- Taking features + products from scratch to delivery.
- Building end-to-end solutions that include front-end and back-end work.
- Good fundamentals with proficiency in one or more languages such as Go, Java, C/C++, Python, or similar languages.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment with engineers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Comfortable with Git, GitHub, the terminal, continuous deployment and integration, and other modern fundamentals of agile development.
It's early on so you will be responsible for some of the choices we make down the line (e.g. should we be adding Typescript? Great!). At the moment, our MVP is in:
- We run serverless and containers on AWS while accessing our serverless PostgreSQL.
- We ship continuously - we test heavily with Jest, Cypress, and we deploy our site every time a pull request merges to master.
- Equity - 0.75% - 1.5%
- Cash - $140k - $160k
- Healthcare - medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Time off - flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Goodies - a new MacBook Pro and whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Learning - learning and development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career (e.g. iOS courses in Udemy, O'Reilly books on React).
- Seat at the table - come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact in shaping the direction of the company.
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Diversity at Revv Up means building a team that is rich across all boundaries of race, ethnicity, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age and thinking style. We welcome all backgrounds, life experiences, and worldviews as this is the catalyst for the rapid evolution of our product and our organization. Diversity allows us to tackle new challenges, embrace change, make well-informed decisions, and ultimately work in a place that is representative of the world we live in.